Thursday, November 26, 2009

Dusty (and HEA) say thanks!











Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! My name is Dusty. I'm a handsome boy, don't you think? I'm an Austrailian cattle dog, and my friends at Happily Ever After think I'm about 2 years old. The reason they don't know for sure is because I came to them from the Sage & Thyme Ranch - a not-very-nice place down in Cazenovia that had way too many animals that got way too little attention. So nobody knew too much about any of us.

I've been at HEA since May, and life was a LOT more fun there! However, even after being at a wonderful place like HEA for 6 months (and getting lots of love from the staff and volunteers), I am still pretty shy. So Amanda, the president, thought it would be good for me to spend some time in a real home to get me more used to living with a family. She said that would increase my chances of being adopted into the perfect family someday soon.

So on Nov. 14, I moved in with a really neat family in Lena. Amanda and Jeremy take super good care of me! They let me stay in my kennel most of the time, which is where I feel most comfortable, but I've come a long way in 12 days. I'm letting them scratch my belly, and I venture out more often to sniff them and let them pet me. I'm walking pretty good on a leash for them, too. I am also starting to become good buddies with their other dogs - especially Mordy, their German shepherd. You can see a few pictures of me in my new foster home above.

Since it's Thanksgiving Day, I wanted to say thanks to a whole bunch of people who have made a difference in my life this year. First, to the folks who rescued me and my friends from Sage & Thyme. Then of course to Amanda, Ken and the other AWESOME volunteers and caregivers at HEA. And now to Amanda and Jeremy for being such wonderful foster parents.
And Amanda asked me to pass along her appreciation to EVERYONE who helps and supports HEA day-in and day-out. Success stories like mine wouldn't be possible without you!

Have a great Turkey Day!

Love,
Dusty

No comments:

Post a Comment