Thursday, February 11, 2010

A peaceful good-bye to sweet Nikolas...


Those of you who have been following the story of Nikolas know how much he's touched the hearts of so many - both before his recent illness and during it. Though he made great strides and his condition improved vastly from when he first got sick, he did lose his fight to recover late Wednesday, Feb. 10. As sad as we are to report this, his actual passing was actually quite peaceful and serene. Read Amanda's account below:

"Nikolas just passed away in my arms a few minutes ago. Nikolas wasn't feeling great today but he still took his meds for me this morning and sat up by his food dish (but only ate a few tiny bites). He got a bath today and afterwards I laid him on my bed while I worked next to him. When I laid down with him that afternoon, he moved closer to me and "spooned" with me. When I came back in for the evening around 7pm, I gave him his fluids and he rested peacefully next to me while I worked again. I picked him up to cuddle a few minutes ago and I could tell I was about to lose him. He slept against my chest and was adopted by God only a few minutes later.
He is meeting up with all his HEA friends in heaven as we speak."

Thanks to everyone who has prayed for Nikolas and sent donations for his care. Your support allowed him to recover well enough to have a comfortable - even happy - last few weeks on Earth. We miss him dearly but take comfort in the fact that he's now happily racing around in Heaven!

3 comments:

  1. Amanda, my most sincere sympathy. Nikolas had the love of a human being...your love... to usher him out. Sometimes I think that is what animals live for. Thanks or all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest in peace Nikolas. You are in a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda I'm sorry for the loss of Nikolas. I know how it
    hurts in your heart and it doesn't go away you
    just learn to live with his memory. Nikolas lit
    a small candle in your heart. It is the candle
    of love and light and thats what really matters
    and that always stays with you. Don't guess
    yourself on what happened you gave him a
    wonderful life
    and i now he loves you for it but it was his time
    to move into his new life.May God surround
    you with his healing white light

    - Marlee,Ginger,Indy,Sable,Attie,Bandit

    ReplyDelete